Announcing the Value Your Power University Contest
Although studying and getting a great education is hopefully the most important thing for Virginia’s college students, Virginia Energy Sense also knows competition between schools and a good ol’ fashion school rivalry is a close second. In honor of October Energy Awareness Month, Virginia Energy Sense is hosting a “Value Your Power” contest for students and staff of all Virginia colleges and universities. That’s where you come in—we want you to take the 10% pledge to reduce your energy use and then tell us how you and your school can Value Your Power!
Here’s what you need to know:
- The contest begins October 10 and runs through the October 30
- Visit our Facebook page and click on the “Contest” tab to enter.
- Take the 10% pledge and briefly tell us: Why is it important to you to save energy? What are your best ideas to help your school reduce energy use?
- If our panel of judges likes your ideas, you may win one of three $250 Amex gift cards!
- Once the entry period ends, students, family, friends and anyone can visit the site and vote for their favorite entries through November 9. The top ten “student’s choice” winners will receive a $25 gift card to a major online retailer.
- The college or university with the greatest number of entries will be publicly recognized as triumphing over their rival Virginia schools.
- Help us spread the word: encourage fellow students, staff and friends to take the pledge and submit their best ideas for saving energy. Feel free to insert the @VAEnergySense and your rival school’s Twitter handle or the #ValueYourPower hashtag in your Tweets to keep the conversation lively!
- Individual winners and the top school will be announced in mid-November.
So starting Monday, October 10 show your Virginia and school pride—get to our Facebook page, sign the 10% pledge, submit your best ideas and encourage folks to vote.
Good Luck and may the best school win!