Daffan Homes’ New Entry for Our Energy Efficient Homes Showcase
In the market for a new energy efficient home? Check out our newest entry into our Energy Efficient Homes Showcase: a Daffan Homes award-winning home!
Daffan Homes focused on sustainability during every phase of building this single family home in Little Hunting Creek, Alexandria. Their eye for detail produced an impressively efficient home that is 62% more efficient than code (HERS score of 38). EarthCraft Virginia recognized this home as the Best Single Family Project of 2012, as well as a Top Ten Efficient Home of the Year.
The home is 2,640 square feet and includes several energy efficient features:
- Solar hot water heating system
- 2.5 kW photovoltaic array
- Energy Star certified light fixtures and appliances
- High efficiency heat pump (16 SEER) with sealed duct and energy recovery ventilation systems
- Low-e, double-pane, argon-filled windows
- Exterior walls and ceiling that feature sealed framing and sheathing with open cell spray foam insulation
- EPA water sense faucets and toilets
Daffan Homes is a family owned and operated business that utilizes the latest green building techniques to create durable, healthy, comfortable and efficient homes.
Have you made energy efficiency upgrades to your home? Why not submit your info to our home showcase?! http://www.virginiaenergysense.org/showcase/