Five Reasons Saving Energy Should be Your New Year’s Resolution
The start of the New Year gives many of us a fresh outlook and the chance to make meaningful changes in 2016. Here are five key reasons that saving energy should be one of your New Year’s resolutions:
- It’s easier than you think: Reducing your energy consumption doesn’t need to be a chore. Take the time to develop easy habits like turning off lights and lowering your thermostat to the most comfortable temperature. You’ll quickly notice that saving energy becomes second nature.
- It allows you to spend your energy elsewhere: Still trying to save for that new electronic gadget? Considering an extra vacation this winter? By adopting energy saving habits, you’ll be able to spend your energy dollars elsewhere.
- It improves the comfort of your home: A well-insulated home does more than save you energy – it can protect you from the drafts and temperature fluctuations that lower the quality of your indoor climate.
- It’s good for the community: When each of us reduces our energy consumption, the entire community benefits. We’re at less risk for power outages and other disruptions to the grid.
- It may qualify you for tax rebates: If you’re thinking about making energy efficient upgrades to your home, be sure to consider all state and federal tax credits and incentives that you may be eligible for. Tax credits can significantly lower the cost of home improvement projects that can save you energy for decades. Click here to find some Virginia energy efficiency incentives.
I’m in. What do I do now?
Text SAVE to 52886 to get energy-saving alerts and tips directly to your phone.
Happy New Year!