Looking for home energy efficiency incentives and rebates? The search is over–
Looking to make some big energy-efficiency changes in your home? We can help!
Virginia Energy Sense has compiled an easy-to-use list of all federal, state and utility incentives available to Virginians. These can help you offset purchases and installation costs of energy efficiency upgrades and equipment, and can even help you lower your tax bill. Now that’s a deal!
Here’s a brief overview of the incentives available, but be sure to visit our Incentives page to find direct links to more information.
Renewable Energy Rebates
- Renewable Energy Tax Credit – 30%tax credit for renewable energy purchases
Appliances and Energy Efficiency Equipment
- Charlottesville Gas Residential Energy Efficiency Rebate – $100 rebate for energy efficient equipment
- City of Danville Utilities Home$ave Rebate Program – $25-$350 rebates for energy efficient products
- Columbia Gas Energy Efficiency Rebate – $50-$300 rebates for energy efficient appliances
- Geothermal Heat Pump Rebate – 20% rebates for geothermal heat pumps
- Load Management Program for Electric Water Heaters and HVAC – Rebates for energy efficient hot water heaters and/or HVAC repairs
- Thermostat Rebate for Charlottesville Gas Customers – $100 rebate for the purchase and/or installation of a programmable thermostat
Audits and Home Efficiency Improvements
- Dominion Virginia Power Free Home Energy Audit for Income-Qualified Customers – A free in-home energy audit for Dominion customers
- Dominion Virginia Power Smart Cooling Rewards for Smart Switch Installation – A $40 rebate for Dominion customers who participating in Smart Switch program
- Home Energy Loss Prevention (HELP) – Free visual energy audit; rebate for selection of energy efficient equipment and other energy and cost-saving home repair benefits
- NEXT STEP Energy Efficiency Rebates (Hampton Roads Area Residents) – $1500 rebates for non-appliance Energy Star Upgrades; $2,500 for air sealing, duct sealing, & insulation
- Rappahannock Electric Cooperative – Free energy audit
- WarmWise Home Savings Evaluation – Free online energy audit
- Weatherization Assistance Program – Financial assistance for weatherization