Spring Energy Tune-Up: Heating and Refrigeration
Spring is in full swing and we will be continuing our Spring Energy Tune-Up around your home by bringing you more tips on how to maximize energy efficiency without maxing out your budget.
This week, we want to focus on water heating and refrigeration. Below are a few tips to make sure you are heating your water and keeping your food cool without paying an arm and a leg.
- Use hot water wisely.
- Insulate hot water holding tanks and hot and cold water pipes.
- Set your water heater at the lowest required temperature.
- Use less. Install faucet aerators and efficient showerheads.
- Find and fix leaks.
- Perform routine maintenance, such as vacuuming, to remove dust.
- Defrost regularly.
- Retrofit or replace old refrigerators and freezers.
You can find more energy-saving tips for your home inat home Tips.
Be sure to check out our blog next week to see how you what you can do when it comes to your heating and cooling systems to cut down on your energy costs.