Spring Energy Tune-Up: HVAC
Barbecues, summer pool parties and festival season is right around the corner. Be sure to service your HVAC system now so that when you come home from a hot day, your house doesn’t feel like a sauna.
Here are a few tips to keep your home cool while maximizing energy efficiency and keeping your energy costs down.
- Make sure your HVAC system is operating efficiently.
- Inspect and clean or replace air filters on a regular basis.
- Repair leaks in system components such as pipes, steam traps or couplings.
- Adjust the thermostat during unoccupied times or install a programmable thermostat.
- Reduce air conditioning hours.
- Make sure radiators, air intake vents, etc., are not obstructed so that air can flow freely.
- Use the Energy Star Building Checklist to cut down on summer cooling costs.