VES on the Road: Sharing Energy-Saving Resources
Everyone has their favorite summer pastimes, whether its family trips, time at the pool or beach and backyard BBQs. At Virginia Energy Sense, our favorite tradition is hitting the road to bring our energy-saving tips and tools to fairs and festivals throughout Virginia.
At events across the Commonwealth — from Roanoke to Richmond, Hampton Roads to Fairfax, and many towns in between, we’ve spoken to homeowners about their energy habits and experiences and helped them find new ways to save. To aid that process, many left with their own Do-It-Yourself Guide, set foam electrical outlet gaskets, air filter whistle or a copy of the Department of Energy’s Savers Guide.
For those not yet of age to start air sealing, parents were able to take home our “Value Your Power” elementary level math and science activities and accompanying poster to teach the youngest energy users about the value of energy efficiency.
And when the summer weather was at its peak, our booth became a “fan-favorite” with our Virginia Energy Sense branded hand fans (the original, cost-free air conditioning!).
- Sept. 13: Hampton Roads Sustainable Living Expo (Hampton/SE)
- Sept. 13: Taste of Falls Church at the Fall Festival (Falls Church/NoVa)
- Sept. 20: Old Beach Green Market (Virginia Beach/SE)
- Oct. 4: Franklin Fall Festival (Franklin/SE)
- Oct. 19: Annual Harvest Festival (Bowling Green/Central)
- Nov. 11: Green Living and Energy Expo (Roanoke/SW)
If we’re not visiting a town near you or just can’t wait to get your energy-saving resources, check At Home Tips to learn more about the ways you can save energy and money.