What is Virginia Energy Sense?
What is the goal of Virginia Energy Sense?
The goal of Virginia Energy Sense is to deliver information to consumers that strengthens awareness of energy efficiency and conservation and empowers them to take action at home, work and school to reduce their energy use. This goal can be achieved by:
- Enabling consumers to make rational and informed choices regarding their use and conservation of electricity
- Increasing awareness of simple and cost-effective options for reducing electricity use
- Helping households, businesses and institutions reduce energy consumption and increase savings
How was Virginia Energy Sense created?
Who is paying for Virginia Energy Sense?
Who is involved in the program?
One of only a few independent, state-wide programs in the country, Virginia Energy Sense was created so that all Virginians across the state can get involved by:
- Understanding their power bills in an effort to reduce energy consumption and save money
- Taking easy, common sense steps to decrease electric usage
- Encouraging friends, family and coworkers to do the same
How can people get involved in Virginia Energy Sense?
People can get involved TODAY by signing up for email and news alerts, taking the pledge, tracking your energy usage to earn rewards and signing up to become an energy agent. You can also become a friend of Virginia Energy Sense by following us on Facebook and Twitter, as well as following our updates on Tumblr.
Over the next several months, we will be working to identify ‘Energy Agents’ – people across the state who can help us spread the message and extend our program through partnerships and local activities.
How can people become Energy Agents?
How can people learn more about Virginia Energy Sense?
What’s on the web site?
The Virginia Energy Sense web site will serve as the main resource for the Virginia Energy Sense program. There you can:
- Learn more about your energy bill and how you use energy – at home, work and school
- Find out about available energy rebates and tax incentives
- Use the home energy test to discover your home’s opportunities to reduce consumption and save energy
- Look up community events in your area where you can learn more about the Campaign
- Get involved by taking the pledge, receiving email tips and becoming an ‘Energy Agent’
Why should people get involved?
Why has Virginia decided to do this Campaign now?
Virginia ranks in the middle of the pack for its overall per capita electricity, which is 29th highest among states, according to U.S. government statistics. The aim of this program is to encourage Virginians to understand their power bill and give them the right tools and information to reduce their energy consumption.
Source: U.S. Energy Information Administration