We’re quickly approaching the new school year! Whether you’re a college student heading to the dorms or a teacher gearing up for a new round of students, there are a number of ways that we can focus on reducing our energy consumption this school year.
Tips for college students:
- When purchasing a new mini-fridge, computer, television, lamp and other electronics, look for the ENERGY STAR label.
- Use power strips instead of plugging gadgets directly into the wall. You can turn everything off with the flick of a switch.
- Turn off lights when you’re not in your room. Go the extra step and switch from incandescent to more energy efficient bulbs like CFLs and LEDs, even for your desk and floor lamps.
Tips for the classroom:
- Get students in the habit of turning off computer screens when not in use.
- Always be sure the lights to the classroom are turned off when nobody is in the room.
- Take advantage of our educational materials to teach students about reducing their energy usage at home.
Learn more today: visit our School Tips section